PHP Only Uploads From Same Directory

emmerac

Hi all, I'm a complete newb and I am getting really frustrated.  I am running the PHP that ships with Leopard.  I am using some basic PHP code to upload a file but it will only accept files from the same directory as the .php code, so if I try to upload a file from another computer to the server I get an file does not exist error!

<?php

if ((($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/gif")

|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/jpeg")

|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/pjpeg"))

&& ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 20000))

{

if ($_FILES["file"]["error"] > 0)

{

echo "Return Code: " . $_FILES["file"]["error"] . "<br />";

}

else

{

echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br />";

echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br />";

echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"] / 1024) . " Kb<br />";

echo "Temp file: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"] . "<br />";

if (file_exists("upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]))

{

echo $_FILES["file"]["name"] . " already exists. ";

}

else

{

move_uploaded_file($_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"],

"upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]);

echo "Stored in: " . "upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"];

}

}

}

else

{

echo "Invalid file";

}

?>

make sure permissions are okay on /uploads in terminal: chmod somedirectory 777, or in finder, get info, open the lock if necessary (lower right), then change all permissions to read and write.

p.s. I suggest that you use MAMP on Leopard and leave Apple's PHP/Apache alone. At least if you plan to make any mods/additions to PHP or plan to add MySQL.

I switched over to XAMPP and I am still getting the same error from the same code:

Warning: file_get_contents(money.gif) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/geezum/s3up.php on line 16
Failed to read file money.gif

I have chmod to 777 the upload directory.  When I test it out I am simply trying to upload a small .gif that is sitting on my desktop and I get that error.  Any idea's?

Ok, so I got the upload to work, but then after a few successful trial runs I started getting error 6 telling me that my tmp directory is not setup in my php.ini, but when I check my php.ini I see that I have it set to a /tmp folder in the /xamppfiles directory.  What the heck is going on here?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.