hello got a small question...

fantomel

Well a CMS doesn't have to be complicated, I guess it depends on the features your after. Seriously though, no one can answer these questions for you. If you doubt your abilities, its likely you don't posses the skills, however, you won't know unless you try.

Well a CMS doesn't have to be complicated, I guess it depends on the features your after. Seriously though, no one can answer these questions for you. If you doubt your abilities, its likely you don't posses the skills, however, you won't know unless you try.

on my cms i need it when i will create onther project.. or a friend.. needs.. all i have to do it's to make a simple packege with some stuff like a guest book for example and a simple admin page for the menu...when i create a site.. just to create the theme for it .. modify a little code if it's necesary add new code if it's necesary :) and that's all .. :D

P.S i said i dunno from where should i start.. i reffer if i should use cakePHP or zend or other stuff like that..

CMS Made Simple probably one of the better ones for 'intermediate' stuff. It's easy enough to modify and comes with a fair few plugins to get you started. Like any of them though - they will take some work and effort to learn its internals to get it to work how you want it or to write plugins for it.

Other CMS's, e.g Joomla, might offer more to get you started but I've found it to be quite complex when it comes to extending it to do custom stuff.

Best bet - go to Open Source CMS website and play around with a few. You might find one or two that do what you need without any/much modification at all.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.