Form sending to email

drburt369

I have a form that gets sent to my email when the submit button is clicked. I also have several checkboxes where I want a copy of the email to be sent to a different email depending on which check box is checked. My checkbox input is:

</table>
<table class="margin">
    <tr>
        <td rowspan="4">
        <p><span class="Italic">Interests:</span></p>
        </td>
        <td><input type="checkbox" name="recipients" value="drburt@burt-burnett.com"></td>
	<td><p>I'm interested in a service<br>agreement</p>
        </td>
	<td rowspan="4">
	<p style="margin-left: 20px"><span class="Italic">Contact<br>
	Preference:</span></p>
	</td>
        <td><input type="checkbox" name="callok" checked="checked"></td>
	<td><p>OK for BBI to call me</p>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td><input type="checkbox" name="recipients" value="sales@burt-burnett.com"></td>
	<td><p>I'm interested in equipment replacement</p>
        </td>
        <td><input type="checkbox" name="emailok"  checked="checked"></td>
	<td><p>OK for BBI to email me</p>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td><input type="checkbox" name="recipients" value="controls@burt-burnett.com"></td>
	<td><p>I'm interested in Building<br>Automation (BAS)</p>
        </td>
        <td><input type="checkbox" name="brochure"></td>
	<td><p>Mail me a brochure. (I entered my mailing address)</p>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td><input type="checkbox" name="recipients" value="service@burt-burnett.com"></td>
	<td><p>I want to place a service<br>call today</p>
        </td>
        <td><input type="checkbox" name="brochure"  checked="checked"></td>
	<td><p>Please contact me to be added to your approved vendor list</p>
	</td>
</tr>

<TR>
		<TD colspan="6" align="center"><INPUT type="submit" value="Send Message"> <INPUT type="reset" value="Clear Form"></TD>
	</TR>

</TABLE>

Can anyone advise me how to do this? What I have is not working. Thanks.

Personally, I would scrap this project and learn how to code 100% in CSS.

This is more of a php question since you would need to valid the check boxes and send the email corresponding to them through the server...  8)

Maybe a moderator can move it to the "PHP FORUM"?

I have spent 3 weeks trying to coordinate my form with my server. The server is very specific in the way a form must go in. They gave me an example page for the input of the form and I have added the html and css to get the remainder of the page up. I have tried about 8 different ways of inputting the form and none of them worked on the server until I got this example page. Actually part of my webpage is php so probably you are correct in saying this should be moved to PHP FORUM.

I am having a very difficult time in trying to find someone on any forum that can help me. I have posted this on 6 forums and have had only your one reply.

Is this something you could or would help me resolve? I can send you the url if you choose to help. I would be very grateful.

The solution to your problem will lie in the PHP, not in your HTML (which is all you have shown us).

If you have some php to show us, I will be more than happy to point out where your problems are coming from (assuming I know), although if you are looking for someone to write the php for you, well that is what I do for my day job, so I generally don't do it for free!

• 2 weeks later...

is your server using (or using a copy of) Matt's cgi send form  (from Matt's Scripting Archive)

I know that thing is still around on a lot of servers as a "free" scripting addon. If so then I would read the documentation on using his script.

If I remember his script then you set a hidden variable at the end of the email address(es) of where you want it to go.

If you don't want to take the time to make a mailer in php, then you'll have to write a JavaScript that populates that variable at the end before it submits with all the checkboxes

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.