Please help me out here, long one

timmah1

I posted this yesterday and got some insight, but I feel I didn't post enough about it.

This site was coded by a college student for his class project, now the owners want to change one thing.

This link is all the pages because i can't post them all here, to long

http://www.cheezyfries.net/dob/00-DobQues1t.zip

The view history page shows the actual SQL statement, they want that gone. They don't want to see

Updated with RegisteredName='Electra\'s Aryan Jet Stream', Alias=NULL, CallName=NULL, AKC='WF099619', AKCStudBookYear=1984, AKCStudB......

Now, you can go to the test site if you want and login and test everything, to see how it works if you want.

http://cheezyfries.net/dob/

Click Visitor, then search by letter, click a dog, then at the bottom, click view edit history and you'll see what I mean.

I really need to try and find out the problem if anybody here could help me out.

Thank you in advance.

When you view the Dog History, it shows the sql statement

Michelle Kramer on 2008-06-02 08:02:25 made change
'Updated with RegisteredName='A + R Sold Rock II', Alias=NULL, CallName=NULL, AKC='WE513431', AKCStudBookYear=NULL, AKCStudBookMonth=NULL, CKC=NULL, CKCStudBookYear=NULL, CKCStudBookMonth=NULL, OtherRegistration=NULL, OtherRegistrationCountry=5, Sex='M', Genotype=1, Colour=2, Dentition=1, Height=NULL, Length=NULL, AdultWeight=NULL, DNAprofile=NULL, BirthCountry=4, CauseOfDeath=NULL, birthYear=1979, birthMonth=9, birthDay=12, deathYear=NULL, deathMonth=NULL, deathDay=NULL, confirmedCauseOfDeath='Unknown', SireID=NULL, damID=NULL, namePrefix=NULL, nameSuffix=NULL, publication1=' ', publication2=' ', publication3=' ''

Plus it shows the edits

Michelle Kramer on 2008-06-02 08:02:47 made change
'Removed All Progeny for 1526'

They just want the history to show

And not the statement  Update with.....

Does that make sense?

I tried posting the code, but it exceeds the limit.

I'm not asking for you to modify the code for me, just help me figure out why the statement is being shown.

Here is the part of the code that displays the history

function editHistroy($DOGID)
{

//$response ="";
$count = performSQLMultiRow("select firstname, lastname, logentry, changeDate from editHistory left join useraccounts on editHistory.uid = useraccounts.uid  where keyValue = $DOGID AND tableName='DOG'",$result);

/* Old query
    "select firstname, lastname, logentry, changeDate from editHistory,useraccounts where keyValue = $DOGID AND tableName='DOG' AND editHistory.uid = useraccounts.uid"
*/

while($editHistory = mysql_fetch_array($result)) 
{
        if ($editHistory['firstname'] == NULL) {
              $response .= "Unknown";
	}		
        else {
            $response .= $editHistory['firstname'];
	}
        if ($editHistory['lastname'] != "NULL") {
              $response .= " " . $editHistory['lastname'];	
	}		
        $response .= " on " . $editHistory['changeDate'] ." made change <br><span class=fontsize1emnormalPROFILEIndented>'" . $editHistory['logentry'] .  "'</span><br><br>";
    return $response;
}

/*
   for($i =0;$i <  $count ; $i++)
   {
        $editHistory = mysql_fetch_array($result);
        if ($editHistory['firstname'] == NULL) 
            $response .= "Unknown";

else 
            $response .= $editHistory['firstname'];		

if ($editHistory['lastname'] != "NULL") 
             $response .= " " . $editHistory['lastname'];

$response .= " on " . $editHistory['changeDate'] ." made change <br><span class=fontsize1emnormalPROFILEIndented>'" . $editHistory['logentry'] .  "'</span><br><br>";
    }
   echo $response;
}
*/

Here is the database structure. logentry is set to blob, not sure how I could view that, but I'm pretty sure that's what holds all the info for viewing the history

Field  	Type   	Null  	Default   	Comments
edithistoryID 	bigint(20) 	No  	  	 
uid 	bigint(20) 	No  	0  	 
logentry 	blob 	No  	  	 
changeDate 	datetime 	No  	0000-00-00 00:00:00  	 
tableName 	enum('USERACCOUNTS', 'DOG', 'HEALTH', 'VIGNETTES', 'PHOTOS', 'BREEDER', 'NOTES', 'akaKennel', 'breederDog', 'kennel', 'kennelOwners', 'ownerDog', 'people', 'progeny', 'sibling') 	No  	USERACCOUNTS  	 
keyValue 	bigint(20) 	No  	0  	 

no, it's not.

I don't want this to show

'Updated with RegisteredName='A + R Sold Rock II', Alias=NULL, CallName=NULL, AKC='WE513431', AKCStudBookYear=NULL, AKCStudBookMonth=NULL, CKC=NULL, CKCStudBookYear=NULL, CKCStudBookMonth=NULL, OtherRegistration=NULL, OtherRegistrationCountry=5, Sex='M', Genotype=1, Colour=2, Dentition=1, Height=NULL, Length=NULL, AdultWeight=NULL, DNAprofile=NULL, BirthCountry=4, CauseOfDeath=NULL, birthYear=1979, birthMonth=9, birthDay=12, deathYear=NULL, deathMonth=NULL, deathDay=NULL, confirmedCauseOfDeath='Unknown', SireID=NULL, damID=NULL, namePrefix=NULL, nameSuffix=NULL, publication1=' ', publication2=' ', publication3=' ''

Just this to show

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.