help needed for software mysql_phpgenerator

vang163

Hi,

I'm a beginner.

I've just install a new software "mysql_phpgenerator" on my pc (windows xp). After installation, the software requires me to input the following information:

Connecting properties

Host name:

Port number:

User name:

Password:

Database:

I do not know how to proceed from here. I think the software wants to connect to a existing MYSQL database which i do not have one in my pc.

If i were to use WAMP, how can i configure WAMP so that the software can use the database in WAMP?

If not, what other mysql program can i use to make it work?

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

just install WAMP (or XAMPP), get it running as a service and put in the details as required. you shouldn't have too much difficulty - MySQL is not completely "confined" to WAMP as far as I know, it just runs as its own separate service.

and to be honest i've not heard of the software in question so not a clue what it does, so if you can give more info or a link, maybe others will be able to help further?

sure - i just mean that if he has [WLX]AMP[P] installed, the MySQL service runs so that other software on the computer not necessarily having anything to do with the package can still use MySQL without having to further "configure WAMP" or anything else for that matter. Just the details requested should do the trick

If i were to use WAMP, how can i configure WAMP so that the software can use the database in WAMP?

If not, what other mysql program can i use to make it work?

mysql_phpgenerator_setup.exe is a software from this website - http://www.sqlmaestro.com/

I install mysql_phpgenerator_setup.exe and got stuck when it asked me for the following formation:

Connecting properties

Host name:

Port number:

User name:

Password:

Database:

I install the WAMP in my pc but could not find any info to fill up the above information for the software.

Do i need to create a database on WAMP after installation?

If you have installed WAMP then use the following details

Host name: localhost

Port number: 3306

User name: root

The root user does not have a password defined by default so leave it empty.

As for creating the database first this should not be necessary you should be able to do this via mysql_phpgenerater. You can easily create a database using phpmyadmin (Left click the WAMP taskbar icon and select phpMyAdmin from the menu) too.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.