PHPMailer Help

hoopplaya4

Hey all,

I've spent several hours googling and browsing through forums, but cannot find any concrete help.

I'm new to PHP, and loving what I'm learning so far.  I've run into a little bit of trouble with trying to get PHPMailer installed and getting it to work.

Unfortunately (against my will), the site I'm working on is on a shared server on GoDaddy.  I've heard several great things about PHPMailer, and how awesome it is, however, I cannot get the test_mail.php to work.  When I browse to the page, I see "Message Sent!" but I see nothing in the my inbox.  I hope I'm not overlooking anything, but any help would be great!

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there something wrong with my code?

I'm testing the default "test" file that comes with PHPMailer, (of course I'm entering in my email address).

test_mail.php:

<?php

include_once('../class.phpmailer.php');

$mail             = new PHPMailer(); // defaults to using php "mail()"

$body             = $mail->getFile('contents.html');
$body             = eregi_replace("[\]",'',$body);

$mail->From       = "xxxx@xxxx.com"; //this is where I'm entering my email address of where I want it sent to-- is this correct?[/color]
$mail->FromName   = "Kyle";

$mail->Subject    = "PHPMailer Test Subject via mail()";

$mail->AltBody    = "To view the message, please use an HTML compatible email viewer!"; // optional, comment out and test

$mail->MsgHTML($body);

$mail->AddAddress("whoto@otherdomain.com", "John Doe");

$mail->AddAttachment("images/phpmailer.gif");             // attachment

if(!$mail->Send()) {
  echo "Mailer Error: " . $mail->ErrorInfo;
} else {
  echo "Message sent!";
}

?>

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm sending this to myself, it's a gmail account.  And yes, I have checked the spam box as well.

I put the address in the "$mail->From      = "xxxx@xxxx.com" field.  (My email where the xxxx's are).

Is there somewhere else I'm supposed to enter the email address I'm sending to.  It's been a long day, so sorry if I'm overlooking something.

Thanks.

Hey jonsjava: I'd be willing to give MimeMail a shot-- I'm just looking for something that can send an attachment.

Essentially, what I'm trying to is have a user submit a form online, then have the form generated as a PDF with tcpdf, and then have a mailer send the email as an attachment.

Would MimeMail help me out with this, you think?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.