No Tables at All

prcollin

Is it possible to have all the elements of a website set into place with no tables at all.  I have some code on my home computer which I forgot to send to myself in an email but basically what happens is there are no tables so I dont know how to set it so that all the elements dont spread all out when the page is loaded.  I use the w3schools try it program to test out my code and then when i actually test out the page in a real browser everything spreads out and separates.

I basically want a box in the middle of a page with all the text and picture elements inside that box.  Any tips.  I have done a google search with no resolve

Also, keep in mind using a table here and there isn't a BAD thing.  As CSS compliance increases, it will become more and more commonplace to get rid of tables..but for now, I use a good mix of both.

tables should only be used for data, not for layout

Also, keep in mind using a table here and there isn't a BAD thing.  As CSS compliance increases, it will become more and more commonplace to get rid of tables..but for now, I use a good mix of both.

A mix? Do you mean like using tables for layout with CSS styling applied to it?

Sorta contradicts the pure essence of CSS, doesn't it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.