View it on the web?

How can I get it so I can view my WAMP on the internet?

No, not "localhost".. I mean by my IP...

I went to ipchicken.com and went to that ip in my browser.. But, it went to my router settings...

What do I do so others can view my website and everything?

Disable your router being configured from outside the LAN (or use a port besides 80).

Set up your router to port forward to your LAN IP of the computer with Apache on it.

Open Windows Firewall on that computer so that port 80 can pass through.

And, it should work ;p.

(Without more details of your network setup, can't really give more detailed description.)

Bump.

Well I just tried to change the listen to something like 14.. Then I went to my firewall settings and allowed it.. Then, I added it to my router settings, now whenever I try to go to my router settings, I get an error that the server's taking too long...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xanza

Nope, it's a free service, but you'll need to use a sub domain.

Basically you configure your router (if available) to use a dynamic DNS structure. This means that once you enter your login information in your router, and have your free re-direction setup, you'll be able to access your router from outside your local network.

So let's say you have a bit torrent program running from home, take uTorrent for example - and you have the web-interface running. Normally if you were outside your network, you would not be able to access the web-interface, but with dynamic DNS you're able to use a domain name that's associated with your IP (dynamic or static), and connect to your IP via the port, and be able to easily use your uTorrent interface from anywhere in the world. :)

example: http://xanza.myfreedns.com:8080

If I signed up for free dynamic dns at this URL, I'll be able to remotely access my router page from outside my local network! :)

Hope this helped!

Guest Xanza

Here, I created a small, and short video tutorial for you to follow... Sorry about the screen resolution, PM me if you need it smaller, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to accommodate. Other than that, you need to know you won't be able to access the DDNS address from inside your local network, only outside. Other than that, don't forget to update it when your IP changes! :)

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/124492782/ddns.rar

Guest Xanza

Nope, as long as you have the DDNS service one your router enabled, and all the preferences are set up correctly you should be fine. But again, like I said, accessing the domain on your computer won't work, because you're apart of your local network and can access your computer and network via network IP's.

I just wamp/linksys/dyndns as well. I have this working but I didn't quite set it up the same as Xanza. He's by no means wrong, that's the way to do it but if you're having problems set up the DMZ zone to your IP address. That way anytime you try to connect to the site it will always be forwarded to YOUR box and not any of the other devices on the network.

Well it's probably still a routing issue. I'm going to assume you've tried to check it from home (inside of the network) so double check that WAMP is set to "online" and that you can even get to http://localhost before going further.

If both of those check out go back into your router settings and make sure that the DMZ is forwarded to the device running WAMP. Also make sure that you got a successful DynDNS log in.

Guest Xanza

Again, you will not be able to view this from your host computer, additionally, you'll need to open remote administration on your router, on a port that you're going to remember. You cannot just connect to the address once you've set-up DDNS. You need a reason to be connecting. Set up remote administration on :8080. Then when you are at your friends house again, try connecting to your DDNS address at: prefix.hostname.whatever:8080.

As for your other quesiton, for the address to put in for DMZ, goto Start > Run > CMD type ipconfig and enter what it says for "IP Address".

Guest Xanza
Xanza. I have a similiar setup and I can view from my host PC just fine :/

Not from your DDNS address... Even if you could, it would be very slow...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.