mySQL and PHP for ubuntu

zxivate

You might want to look into apt-get.  (In case you can't google synaptic package manager ;p)

If all else fails, you can download source, cd to the source dir in bash (or something similar) and run ./configure --help

Then, select which params you want and configure, make and make install it.

Read....a manual????  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah right. A manual to a man (of anything) is what kryptonite is to superman (who was an awesome coder by the way)

But seriously

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

Well help a LOT

Yeah I'd vouch for this method. I've tried XAMPP and found it limiting. Now if someone knew how to configure perl applications with the above apt-get method used that would be great.

Now if someone knew how to configure perl applications with the above apt-get method used that would be great.

apt-get is simply used to call dpkg -i in the correct order to install a package and any of its dependencies. At no time are any of the Debian install tools involved in configuring any packages beyond that of any sane configurations. In fact most of the time the configurations are left in the same state they where in when created upstream.

Hence, you should be able to follow any man page to get most anything working under Debian and most likely most of its derivatives (though they tend to play around with the configurations more).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.