23 replies to this topic

#21 AndyB

AndyB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

Now that we see some code, this makes even less sense unfortunately.

Firsly in the html code you posted:
You can't have the form opening tag in the HEAD of the file, it has to be in the body of the document (regardless of whether your version 'works').

Secondly in the same document, the $Improve isn't going to be assigned to the checkbox value because:
#1 - php only executes in php files, not html files (unless you're very clever with your server)
#2 - the value of $Improve is never provided to the page, so it couldn't appear anyway.

I guess from your immediately previous post you are relying on register_globals being ON - a poor practice.
Legend has it that reading the manual never killed anyone.
My site

#22 knowram

knowram
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

I guess what I trying to do is not possible.

Trying to imbed something into the value of a checkbox so that it will recall a variable on the next page when that checkbox value is recalled.

Anyway unless anyone has a different idea how to do this I will come up with something else. thanks everyone.

jacob

#23 knowram

knowram
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:09 PM

I have worked around the problem so while not solved it is not needed any more.

thank you all for your help

#24 MeanMrMustard

MeanMrMustard
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:42 AM

[!--quoteo(post=379762:date=Jun 3 2006, 05:09 PM:name=knowram)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(knowram @ Jun 3 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I have worked around the problem so while not solved it is not needed any more.

thank you all for your help
[/quote]

Something to think about. What I do in these circumstances is to define the "Value" of my check box outside of the form tag and the call the variable in the Tag. Example:

$Text = "If no improvement in ".$Improve." hours then continue with text description here";

Then in the value section of your form tag use: Value = "<? echo $Text ?>"

Might help you...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users