I'm stranded.

waynewex

Okay, hello again guys. Hope all is well.

Anyway, I've been working on the admin system of a local business's website. The goal is to pluck out the details of all companies who enquired about a job that needed doing, but didn't end up hiring them for the job. What is wanted is a system that can pluck these company details out, and automatically print out letters (on paper) that ask those businesses for feedback (was there a problem with our quote)etc. I know that php can be used to created PDFs; but I need to make a system that doesn't require the user hitting the printer button for each document. I'm really stumped on this. If any of you guys have any ideas, please share. Thanks.

If you can generate the documents to be printed in html, you can create a pdf, or rtf, that has is all of them together...print one document, but that document has all of the letters in it.

An alternative would be to generate a CSV using php, then use MS mail merge to generate the letters for printing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.