[SOLVED] Table doesn't exist problem

babybrit

When going to this link: http://www.devilutiononline.com/admin/add_news.php

you will then see this error appears:

Oops!... I Did It Again. I Failed To Get The Last Categories Outta The Database, Sorry!

Table 'devilon-1913195.4images_categories' doesn't exist

I have tried to google how to fix this and add a table but have had no luck....

can someone please tell me how to make the table

login details? as in, username and password? not a good idea. Does your provider have phpmyadmin? It's pretty simple to create and edit tables with it. Obviously you havent created a table with that [horrid] name. Remember, table names are case-sensitive

login details? as in, username and password? not a good idea. Does your provider have phpmyadmin? It's pretty simple to create and edit tables with it. Obviously you havent created a table with that [horrid] name. Remember, table names are case-sensitive

its a http://www.bravenet.com/ hosted site.... paid for not the free hosting so everything is available....

Websites devilutiononline.com

Domain Names

MySQL Databases in this one you can make the tables.... I tried to make one but it still wont work so I have no idea what is missing or what I am doing wrong....

Email Accounts

Email Forwarders

Ftp Accounts

When you create a table, you have to have a "user" to access it. My hosting provider makes me create a user before creating a table. You have to create one and assign it permissions on the table(select, alter, etc) and what are you naming the table? if it says 'devilon-1913195.4images_categories' doesnt exist then you are doing some query trying to access a table with that name. If your table has a different name(which it likely does, if it exists at all), search your php code for any/every instance of 'devilon-1913195.4images_categories' and replace it with your table's name.

could I give you the log in details and would you be able to see whats missing and fix it for me please :)....

I need all the help I can get.....

Clearly someone else has set up this site for you... has it ever worked?

When you create a table, you have to have a "user" to access it. My hosting provider makes me create a user before creating a table. You have to create one and assign it permissions on the table(select, alter, etc) and what are you naming the table? if it says 'devilon-1913195.4images_categories' doesnt exist then you are doing some query trying to access a table with that name. If your table has a different name(which it likely does, if it exists at all), search your php code for any/every instance of 'devilon-1913195.4images_categories' and replace it with your table's name.

Its all good I emailed my host and they had stopped editing on sites as they where updating... thank you so much for explaining it all.

could I give you the log in details and would you be able to see whats missing and fix it for me please :)....

you must be one sad *********************** I set the sites up myself but since this is a new site and my other site is almost 5 years old you tend to forget some of the things you did to set it up.

no point in reporting you as you would just delete it... selfish uptight worst mod come to mind when thinking of you....

go ****** yourself and never reply to any topics I make on here ever again please as you are disrespectful and make claims that you have not even asked enough info before making.

just like I bet you will ban me and delete this only because I had the guts to stand up to you.

That's about enough.  Fenway was simply stating that if you're so eager to hand over your details, you probably didn't build it yourself.  It's a fair enough statement without knowing more about you.

Attacking a global mod and using language to stoop to an even lower level will get you nowhere around here.

you must be one sad *********************** I set the sites up myself but since this is a new site and my other site is almost 5 years old you tend to forget some of the things you did to set it up.

no point in reporting you as you would just delete it... selfish uptight worst mod come to mind when thinking of you....

go ****** yourself and never reply to any topics I make on here ever again please as you are disrespectful and make claims that you have not even asked enough info before making.

just like I bet you will ban me and delete this only because I had the guts to stand up to you.

I'm glad you've enjoyed your opportunity to rant; and you did report the post anyway, contrary to your statement above.

I definitely had enough info -- you posted an error message that you didn't write, you were willing to give someone else access to your site to fix it, and you had a set-up where someone else can determine which tables your users have access to.  Result = you're not in control. 

Which means there's no way to know what's wrong without additional information -- which you never provided.  You never indicated if the site was working fine at any point in time, so it wasn't clear if this was a typo, a corrupt DB, a change in permissions, etc.

If asking questions to make you think about *your* problem is being disrespectful, well... but since you're so quick to judge after being part of this forum for <24 hours, I'll be certain to keep your nickname blacklisted so that you don't get any of my "help" again.  Doesn't matter to me.

I'll unlock this topic briefly so that you don't feel slighted at the thought of not being able to respond (now that doesn't sound disrespectful, does it?) -- but tread carefully.  I'm sure one of the other mods will be more than happy to re-lock it if things get out of hand.

Perhaps if I had said

"Is this problem your site is experiencing new, or is this a new setup?"

instead of

"Clearly someone else has set up this site for you... has it ever worked?"

Then no feathers would have been ruflled.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.