Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HGeneAnthony

How can I pass a value in a link and not display it

This might sound a little stange but the scenario I have is I'm working on a page which has a link based navigation bar. When the user types Next it passes index.php?goto=next. The problem with this is if the user reloads the page I have it set to check if goto was passed and to carry out the action if it was. The goto action changes the starting record of what's passed and it displays 25 records at a time. So if the user clicks Next the first time it will change the starting record to 25 and on a refresh it will change it to 50. I would like to pass it as a post variable but I don't know if it's possible with a hyperlink. Does anyone have an idea how I can resolve this?

Im not 100% sure of what you're trying here, but couldn't you use

?goto=25 // ?goto=50 // etc, and grab the variable from there, then it wont matter if the user refreshes.

Stephen

[!--quoteo(post=379846:date=Jun 4 2006, 07:42 AM:name=stephenk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(stephenk @ Jun 4 2006, 07:42 AM) [snapback]379846[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Im not 100% sure of what you're trying here, but couldn't you use

?goto=25 // ?goto=50 // etc, and grab the variable from there, then it wont matter if the user refreshes.

Stephen
[/quote]

Yeah I though of it. I guess I'll just do it this way. Thanx!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.