include_path

I've looked in all of these and yes it is the correct php.ini i.e. /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

Configuration File (php.ini) Path      /etc/php5/apache2

Loaded Configuration File         /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

Scan this dir for additional .ini files  /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d

additional .ini files parsed           /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/gd.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini,  /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xsl.ini

It is mysterious...

On some settings PHP will automatically configure itself, if no configuration for a particular setting is set within the php.ini.

PHP will have built in default settings. It will also inherit some settings from the system. Whatever you set in the php.ini will override the default setting.

OK. I've modified my phph.ini with the current settings and added my bit on the end and it seems to be working.

I don't like the idea of inherited defaults when I don't know where they were inherited from but I guess we need to live with it.

Many thanks,

Steve

Check the ./configure line in your phpinfo() output, I'm not sure but maybe you can set a default include_path at compile time?

As for tracking down include_path, you could search all files on the system (might take a while).

sudo grep -Horn include_path /

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.