[SOLVED] php not even working?

zang8027

I haven't used PHP in a few months and now I need it for a project. I am using xampp. For some reason, i can not get php to show up.

I have a test.php page that has

<?php print "Hello World" ?>

and it still doesn't even show up. Any ideas why php would be like.. turned off?

you need to end statements with a semicolon.

And I think echo is better for printing. No particular reason, I just like it.

yeah, can't miss the semi colons, however, if PHP is on his server/webhost then it should of displayed a parse error atleast.

- the very first time I used php I had the dev file locally.. and ran it through FireFox,, took me a little while to actually twig i needed it running on apache.. which for me meant a remote host.. 

certainly isn't obvious to someone completely new to php

If it's the last line of code, you don't need a semi colon, and since his code only had one line, it isn't required and would work fine.

you need to end statements with a semicolon.

And I think echo is better for printing. No particular reason, I just like it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.