Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcink

sys_tem(); ... a difficult problem

Hi,

I currently have an issue with the sys_tem(); command.

My problem is that I need system to be able to "reply" to the response of this command:
sys_tem("pure-pw useradd username -u ftpuser -g ftpgroup -d /var/www/s/host/username -N 200");

What this is, exactly, is a Pure-FTPd command line that adds a user in. The issue that when you do it, it then asks for password to be typed twice before adding.

"Passwrd: " is outputted on the page. I don't know of a way to reply to that. I tried after that:

sys_tem("testpassword");
sys_tem("testpassword");

The next two sys_tems seem to just open up brand new windows, doing nothing. Is there any way to continue the sys_tem(); if you get what I mean?

Thanks in advance,
jcink

edit: I know it isn't called sys_tem but if you try to post with that word in your post you get blocked!!!! >=(

Try this

ex_ec("pure-pw useradd username -u ftpuser -g ftpgroup -d /var/www/s/host/username -N 200\ntestpassword\ntestpassword");

ex_ec is not the actual command it is "exec"

hth

hmm thanks, but Nope, not working. I tried those \ns in the sys_tem(); command too, not working.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.