fotter header issue?

monkeytooth

Alright plain and simple I have three DIV..

And I am using CSS to position, size, etc them..

What I want to know is A is this possible, and be, how?

What I am tempting to do, but am finding alot of cross browser issues is..

What I am wanting to do is make a fixed header and a fixed footer using DIV tags then layer them so they are on top of a 3rd DIV which will act as the content area, so this way the header and footer dont move at all when the page is scrolled but the content area does.

Now back to the question at hand is it possible? And if so how, cause I am being told that So much as IE five and 6 may have issues with the "Fixed" element for the DIV.

another issue i have with this is the body itself is fixed to roughly 725px wide, so its not a fluid layout as far as stretching it side to side, over all I just want to be able to use the browsers main scroll bar for the up and down, I know I can do this with frames or even an IFrame.. but im trying to avoid frames if possible..

Any takers to help a newb at CSS?

The more browsers you support, the more you're limiting yourself really. As I said before stick with IE6/7,  FF2+, Safari and Opera.

If you want to support older outdated browsers use a non-css design, such as frames. For more modern browsers use CSS.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.