OMAPI + php

mbeals

I'm using php as part of a network provisioning system for cable modems.  Without dragging out the details, I control whether a modem can connect (and provide service) with the DHCP host tables...

I have been controlling this through hacked together code making system() calls to omshell, but would rather be able to access the objects directly.  Unfortunately there isn't much documentation or development in OMAPI, so I've decided to start putting together my own extension to take care of it.

So first of all, is anyone aware of an existing project along these lines? 

I'm fine working with C, and found some decent documentation on the omapi libraries for C (http://linuxreviews.org/man/omapi/), but am not sure where to start in terms of creating the actual extetnsion.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.