Is this possible?

jrws

What I want to know if it is possible (and if so how to implement it) is this:

Pick a random password from an array and change ever 24 hours OR when a user uses the password, show admins and mods password so they do not have to look around.

I was thinking that this will probably require MySQL for the User Database but I have no idea where to even start, I thought this idea was interesting so if you can help it is appreciated

Ok so lets see if I can explain it better:

Once a password has been used, it randomises again.

The other thing was, show the admins and mods what the current password is. So this could happen.

When somebody wins the prize admins know the password and pass it along to the winner, they then claim their prize and the password changes.

Does this make more sense?

well to change it every twenty four hours, you will need something called a cronjob.  Most hosts have these, so look around your admin panel for them. They are basically scripts that are automatically run at certain times.

As to coding it, basic SQL knowledge is really all you need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.