Quick question about Ajax

Lee-Bartlett

Hi there i am completly new to this forum so i hope someone out there can help me a little.

Im only starting to learn what is needed for web design, so far i know html and some css but i was told by my uncle AJAX is a very good language to get started on but im at a loss. I'm not sure where to start, what languages does AJAX use and what would you recomend to learn first before tackling the slightly harder stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

AJAX isn't a language at all. Its the concept of using the XMLHttpRequest object from javascript to work with php.

The language you would want to learn is PHP and Javascript those are what runs the concept of ajax. PHP isn't the only language that runs with it but PHP is the easiest to learn in my opinion.

I am currently reading Beginning Ajax with PHP From Novice to Professional by Lee Babin its a pretty good book I would advise it to you. You can find the book online as well as at a book store.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.