Updating IPB tonight Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimeee

passing variables from one page to another without db

Howdy

I have a form that shoots out an autorespond message. I have then set up a link in that message to a php file that will send me back a verifying message that they were indeed the one who filled out the form in the first place.

What I need to do is pass some of the variables (ie: name and email) from form.php to verify.php.

I don't think I can use _GET or _POST because I haven't set any of this up with a db. And don't think I can use SESSION cuz they will only be able to access verify.php via a link in the autorespond message. They may have closed their browser by then and that will make SESSION void.

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully I posted this in the correct forum.

Thanks!

You can use _POST without having a db set up.

Can you include any code?

I can't understand your problem, but you can use $_GET and $_POST to pass data across scripts; that's the point of using them. Inserting it to a database is just a "next level" thing.

But you don't need a db if you're just passing it. Like:

form.php
[code]<form action="verify.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="hello">
<input type="submit">
</form>[/code]

verify.php
[code]<?php
echo $_POST['hello'];
?>[/code]

If you write "hello there", verify php will echo out "hello there".

i'm not sure i fully understand the situation either.. Let me rephrase it a bit and you can clarify: by message do you mean email? as in, an email verification system, for a registration script?

unfortunately you are going to have to store the information somewhere, in order for it to be varified. If you cannot use a database, then you can make a flatfile. If this is a registration script (overall), where are you storing the information anyways?

would the same apply if my form was html? (ie: form.html, submit.php (processes form data & sends autorespond message) & verify.php (activated when link in autorespond message is sent. verifies user)?

thanks!!!

[!--quoteo(post=381425:date=Jun 8 2006, 11:00 AM:name=poirot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(poirot @ Jun 8 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]381425[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I can't understand your problem, but you can use $_GET and $_POST to pass data across scripts; that's the point of using them. Inserting it to a database is just a "next level" thing.

But you don't need a db if you're just passing it. Like:

form.php
[code]<form action="verify.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="hello">
<input type="submit">
</form>[/code]

verify.php
[code]<?php
echo $_POST['hello'];
?>[/code]

If you write "hello there", verify php will echo out "hello there".
[/quote]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.