php members area - NEED HELP!!

dr.maju

Hey, i am new to php and after following some great tutorials i have managed to create a login system ;D but now im stuck. Basically, i have a client.php page that is protected via the login system etc...on this page i have an iFrame and in the iFrame i want to load different content based on what user is logged in. (can i do this by using their user id that is created in the database?)

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated!

yes, have an if statement in the iframe, where u set the url, and change the url based on the id number

e.g.

if($idnumber == 1)

{

echo "link to page";

}

thanks for the quick reply! would i have to repeat that for all the different id's?

Here is the code that is now in the inline frame. It dosn't seem to load the new pages when a different member id logs in. It always goes to the first1. (btw in the sql connect bit all the details are filled in correctly ;D)

<?php

$dbh=mysql_connect ("hostname", "username",

"password") or die('Cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());

mysql_select_db ("databasename");

$id = $_GET['member_id'];

if($id == 1)

{

echo "clients/client1.php";

}

if($id == 2)

{

echo "clients/client2.php";

}

if($id == 3)

{

echo "clients/client3.php";

}

if($id == 4)

{

echo "clients/client4.php";

}

?>

ahh ok, soz, yer

you would have

<iframe all the code src=

"

<?php

$dbh=mysql_connect ("hostname", "username",

"password") or die('Cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());

mysql_select_db ("databasename");

$id = $_GET['member_id'];

if($id == 1)

{

echo "clients/client1.php";

}

if($id == 2)

{

echo "clients/client2.php";

}

if($id == 3)

{

echo "clients/client3.php";

}

if($id == 4)

{

echo "clients/client4.php";

}

?>

"></iframe>

do you plan to have differente pages for different clients??

so if you have 100 users you will have 100 pages?

or am i getting this terribly wrong.. i think you should have only one page and put the logic to display something or not in the if or switch conditions.

PS: OR having different pages depending on type of users ( like admin, user etc) makes more sense to me.

ha, sounds stupid when u put it that way. But yeah...each user needs their own page. so having different pages for just admin and user wouldn't help much. And as i am a complete rookie at php i dont really know any other way of doing it. Thanks for ure comment though. If anyone knows of a simpler way please let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.