Think I'd make money off a local hosting company?

tibberous

The providor you're talking about offers shared servers. You share with a bunch of other people which can work but has a lot of things that could go wrong if not kept in check.

A VPS is like having a dedicated server except that its a Virtual Machine on a larger server. So your code doesn't effect other peoples code and vice versa and you have full control over the space given to you.

VPSes are more expesive than shared providors, and dedicated more expensive than VPSes.

I'm proposing offering a fairly small/cheap service (in comparison with other VPS services) of about 30 clients and just trying to find out if there are any decent objections (besides surplus amounts of work). I was opposed to the idea at first (if you check page one you'll see my response looked a lot like yours) but after looking at the advantages of VPS/dedicated I don't think its a terrible idea if its something you're actually worth pursuing and not just hald heartedly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.