[SOLVED] Really really dumb Javascript Question

proggR

I know this is going to sound dumb but I'm actually not sure. Is it possible to run a javascript from the server, instead of the browser? The reason I ask is because want to add some social badges to my site and I could code them myself but then I'd need to look into the formatting of different network URLS and figure out how to get my info in the URL and it'd just be a bit of a pain. I did however find some decent looking social network badges that are available in Javascript. The only thing about that is I don't want to risk it not showing for people that have javascript disabled. So is it possible to run the script server side and then serve it to the browser in a way that will display, regardless of if they have JS enabled or not?

Sorry for the question, I've never really looked into how JS works at more than facevalue.

There wouldn't happen to be any easy way to pass a variable from my PHP script to the JSEXT script on the same page that you know of would there? I'll read through the docs myself.

Thanks again.

Actually I may just code it myself. It doesn't look very hard. The formats seem to be:

del.icio.us/post?url=URL&title=TITLE

digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=URL&title=TITLE

furl.net/storeIt.jsp?u=URL&t=TITLE

google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&bkmk=URL&title=TITLE

newsvine.com/_wine/save?u=URL&h=TITLE

reddit.com/submit?url=URL&title=TITLE

sphere.com/search?q=sphereit:URL

technorati.com/faves?add=URL

youmob.com/mob.aspx?mob=URL

Thank you for the JSEXT though. I'll definitely look into that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.