HOW'D THEY DO IT!!!???

RottenBananas

Hey guys,

I wanna know how google created the igoogle page where you can click and drag toolbars to customize positioning of elements. www.pageflakes.com has it too. Is this done in php? javascript? Can anyone point me to a tutorial or tell me what this technique is called so I can get more information?

Thanks

it is client side so javascript the settings are normally stored in a cookie or ajax that can be done using javascript. i would suggest seeing you don't know that it is done in javascript it is requires a lot more knowledge than what you have.

Scott.

Hey thanks for the info,

Sorry for this being in the wrong section

So the dragging of the windows work now after using some ajax.

Now my question is how can I only allow the user that is logged in to drag stuff and no one else?

Basically the user has a profile page that anyone can see. I want only the user to be able to position elements and save them so that when someone else views their profile it shows it how the user customized it. I hope that makes sense. Can i do this with cookies?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.