[SOLVED] How to identify "Who required me"?

duskshine

Say I have

a.php: 
------------
<?php
require_once "c.php";
?>

& b.php: 
------------
<?php
require_once "c.php";
?>

How may I code c.php so that it knows it's required by a.php and not b.php, without changing a.php & b.php?

(that is, what should I use to replace the IF_REQUIRED_BY below?)

c.php: 
------------
<?php
IF_REQUIRED_BY("a.php")
    echo "gotcha!"
?>

Thanks,

Since require literally views the contents of the required file as part of the requiring file, I don't know that this is possible. The only way I know of to do this is to set a variable in the requiring file that is then checked within the required file. Basically, just set up your own check.

Grab the url of the current page and do a check...since c.php is included in a.php, the url will contain a.php and then you can have c.php echo that information, or whatever else you need.

Grab the url of the current page and do a check...since c.php is included in a.php, the url will contain a.php and then you can have c.php echo that information, or whatever else you need.

What about multi-level file includes? a.php includes b.php and b.php includes c.php... If c.php then does a URL check, it returns the faulty data that it was included by a.php instead of b.php. ;)

What about multi-level file includes? a.php includes b.php and b.php includes c.php... If c.php then does a URL check, it returns the faulty data that it was included by a.php instead of b.php. ;)

Hmmm, didn't think of that. Ignore my previous reply. :)

In that case then yes, you would need to have a variable scope, or instead you'd have to create a function for including c.php, where you can report the file name of the current file calling the function.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.