New Design for my Site

ballouta

Hello everyone

my old site is: www.motif-services.com

I am looking for simple and nice design, I don't like flash!

would you please give advices and show me some nice suitable templates.

Note my site will combine both services: web hostings plans + printing jobs (business cards...)

i was searching google for smthg for my job and i reached this site: http://www.conceptmediadesigns.com/

it is very simple (in my opinion) and nice.

please help

Hello everyone

my old site is: www.motif-services.com

I am looking for simple and nice design, I don't like flash!

Me neither. Flash used to be cool.. then people started over doing it.. once the novelty wears off, it becomes more annoying than anything. Unless flash is used very small amounts and done so as not too get too out of hand, it works.. Whileat first your site is neat, I can see the same thing happening.. after a while, people just want simple yet fast and responsive sites..(photography sites are very bad for flash abuse).

would you please give advices and show me some nice suitable templates.

My favorite site to goto for ideas is:

http://www.templatemonster.com/

There is a ton of stuff there that just rocks. While these templates are for purchase, you can study those that interest you and mimic from there.

Hope that helps...

Cheers,

NRG

these all look like basic templates that you can buy on ebay 100 for $5...nothing really special...my advice:  dont spend much money on a template...they are cheap as chips.

if someone can't afford a couple hundred bucks for a nice design(a custom design), there's nothing wrong with getting a nice $50 template from one of a bunch of sites(4templates and templatemonster are 2 favs). They look really nice(most anyways) plus you can get commission for a purchase if you refer someone.

I'd just recommend staying away from free templates... those usually suck

these all look like basic templates that you can buy on ebay 100 for $5...nothing really special...my advice:  dont spend much money on a template...they are cheap as chips.

if someone can't afford a couple hundred bucks for a nice design(a custom design), there's nothing wrong with getting a nice $50 template from one of a bunch of sites(4templates and templatemonster are 2 favs). They look really nice(most anyways) plus you can get commission for a purchase if you refer someone.

I'd just recommend staying away from free templates... those usually suck

didn't say free.

i purchased a cd on ebay for $5 and it had a bunch of templates on it.  nice templates.  granted, some did suck, but what i got that was good made up for what sucked.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always been told that Flash is a no no when considering SEO. It seems like if you have a small anount, it can't be too harmful. Just a gues though.

In general, flash seems to be frowned upon these days. My opinions are in league with most others.. flash in general is over rated, and worse yet, over used. In small little doses here and there is not bad.. but people seem to have a tendency to overkill flash.... sort of like salt.. a little salt on you steak might add some taste, but let's see if you still like your steak with 6 tablespoons sprinkled on.  ;)

As for me, I do without flash altogether.. it feels like flash was a fad that, much like bell bottom pants, went out of style. This is not to say that flash isn't useful.. but once the novelty wears off, what was once cool can become extremely annoying.

Cheers,

NRG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.