[SOLVED] .php 4 to .php 5

tapupartforpres

If anything read this for a laugh.  Any advice will help.  ???

Hello people.  Got an issue.  I have a site written in .php 4 and hosted on a .php 4 server.  There are 2 databases, one seems to be working fine (MYSQL), but the other is not.  It is basically the login script that is not working.  The IT person at their company (where the other MSSQL databse is) just upgraded their MSSQL server and since then is not working, except for one day.  We got one order.  I am not sure what she upgraded to I am waiting to hear that.  My concern is that whatever she upgraded to does not support .php 4?

This is what happened.  She changed the static IP address, so I changed it in the site.config.php file, and it worked for one day.  The next day the host upgraded to cPanel 11?  LOL, then it stopped working.  They seemed to work it out the site was fixed on their end, but from then on out, their is no login (which is hosted at the MSSQL server, which was upgraded).

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Wait, did you actually upgrade to PHP 5?  (Your title makes it seem that way, but I didn't see you mention it).

Sorry I will be more clear my mistake.  The my host upgraded to 4.4.8.  Sorry.  On the MSSQL I am not sure what she upgraded to, but it is a new server altogether.

I was referring to the new MSSQL server not being able to read .php4 files?  Sorry

Regardless of whether or not it's the cause of this issue, I'd recommend upgrading to PHP 5 as soon as possible. >_<  Anyway, I'm not too experienced with MSSQL because I just tend to not use any Microsoft products...>_>  Can I see the code that you use for logins?

Regardless of whether or not it's the cause of this issue, I'd recommend upgrading to PHP 5 as soon as possible. >_<  Anyway, I'm not too experienced with MSSQL because I just tend to not use any Microsoft products...>_>  Can I see the code that you use for logins?

I did not write this site is is hard to find.  The site is www.wineworksohio.com.  I am not sure which file, which I can give you, what do you think?

If you notice the login should be below the logo.

Was the site that slow to load before these items were upgraded?

99.8% of the time, when moving between servers or moving between different php installations, problems are due to configuration differences. The other .2% of the time problems are due to actual php version changes. There are very very few things that will stop working when going up in php versions.

So, it is more likely that some aspect of the php configuration was changed. The web host has a responsibility to insure that the configuration before and after are as compatible as possible and to justify and publish any differences.

Knowing what configuration differences there are would help someone identify what in your code would need to be changed to match the new configuration.

In any case, posting your code would allow someone to see what you might need to do to it to at least get it to tell you why it is not working.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.