Wondering, how this site operates using php?

Fsoft

Hey,

I just found this site : http://www.pakrise.com/

It's a kind of search engine "as they say".. But I am wondering how this site operates? as I can see this site is written in php.

But I am unable to understand, how this site operates? I mean does they use MySQL?? Or what

I believe some one here with a more knowledge can know and try to explain me

Thanks a lot. Will be badly waiting for answer

FAISAL~

From what i can see, its a search engine as they say "the first pakistani search engine". I think u have heard of search engines like google :).

Take a look at this to check how search engines operate in general.

Thanks , is there is any way to make one???

:D

FAISAL~

No, google, yahoo, ask, and all of them were granted magical servers by God.  It's not possible.

Of course it's possible.

Do you mean a "Search this site!" search engine, or a "Search the entire internet!" search engine?

The first one is moderately easy depending on how your data is stored.  Good luck with the second one.

No, google, yahoo, ask, and all of them were granted magical servers by God.  It's not possible.

Of course it's possible.

Do you mean a "Search this site!" search engine, or a "Search the entire internet!" search engine?

The first one is moderately easy depending on how your data is stored.  Good luck with the second one.

Well :D Nice joke by GOD :D :D :D

Well, I am asking for the second one, but hold on, I don't want to make my own :D I am saying if there is any way in which I make a site where there will be  a search box where if you put a query and click on Submit, it will show the results taken by Google! but person can't know that this result is from Google! for example

search.php?action=search&keywords=England

So in this query our script will go to Google! , take "fetch" all the results from Google! which correspond when you search for England in standard Google! and after fetching, show them in our script as a result..

and down should be the numbers of pages like "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" as happens in standard Google! but when some one click on Page 2.

it should be search.php?action=search&keywords=England&page=2 and so on.

So is it possible to make a script like this? but in this script there should't be any place where some one can know that result is being fetched by Google! :D

I know, it's quite ...... But how is it possible? can any one tell me or at-least give me an idea. So I will try my self..??

Thanks, FAISAL~

Look into the PHP CURL functions (Google it).

Oh, random side note, I think it's low to abuse someone else's site like that.  If I were Google, I wouldn't appreciate you jacking my content.  They allow you to put search boxes on your site, and you can't tell it's Google until someone searches for something.  But, if you don't want people to know that it's Google, then that is out of the question.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.