• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sbo1

sbo1
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:52 PM

I would like to join short some mp3 files together for people to listen to on their mp3 players.

These will not be illegal files.

I will not know what files to join until they are requested and the order of the files is important and will vary.

I don't know where to really start. Could it be done as a playlist that lists the files to play that the users could download aolng with the playlist. I don't even know thje structure of an mp3 playlist. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Steven O.

#2 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

I have dynamically created playlists before, different playlist formats are structured in different ways. What I did was create a playlist in WMP and opened it with a text editor to see how it was formatted, it was then easy to create with PHPs file functions, and then just save it with the correct extension.

#3 vidyashankara

vidyashankara
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

[!--quoteo(post=384751:date=Jun 16 2006, 03:52 PM:name=Steven34)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Steven34 @ Jun 16 2006, 03:52 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I would like to join short some mp3 files together for people to listen to on their mp3 players.

These will not be illegal files.

I will not know what files to join until they are requested and the order of the files is important and will vary.

I don't know where to really start. Could it be done as a playlist that lists the files to play that the users could download aolng with the playlist. I don't even know thje structure of an mp3 playlist. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Steven O.
[/quote]

you could play around with system commands. try to find a command line program to join the files
$command = "<program> join 1.mp3 2.mp3";

s ystem($command, $output);
no space for the above command

you could use besweet to join the files. check the command and replace it.

That should do the job!

#4 sbo1

sbo1
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:21 AM

Thank you so much for the replies! It is so nice that you both take time to help out. Thanks you both.

P. S To anyone who wants to add more or elaborate please feel free to do so. I am still learning and am glad of all help. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users