Do with ASP or PHP

starter

hi

i'm starter in PHP i want to ask you that i want to make dynamic pages which i can controll like qbrushes.(com)

that i can add my new font and new brushes in site and don't have to change all page again so i decide to learn PHP !!

i don't know yet!!!can i do it with PHP???

how many year i must spend???(to get pro and make it)

is there any program that i can install inmy site like WP MT and  .... to do it for me???

i have 6 CD (php learning) that i don't think that can help me to get pro!!!

is there any Ebook that can help me!!!

sorry for bad English!!!

There's no a book that will make you pro, same situation with video tutorial. You can watch a hundred hours of videos, but you must practice on your own.

For php basics you don't need a book (i'm not talking about programming basics), you have php.net and great tutorial there.

I'm looking at qbrushes momentally... You must have a lot of experience to deploy some user-friendly site. You can't just learn a bit of php, a bit of html, css and make a good site. At least you must be a good UI designer to make your first visitors feel happy.

So, start learn, there is lot of it...

Cheerz and good luck

Don't worry about how much time you must spend, or what books you do. Like HeaDmiLe said, it is just practice. Personally, I am self taugh PHP programmer, I started to learn it last year, and I consider myself good at it (regardless of the stupif errors I make, heh :P). Just read some tutorials. I learned from internet tutorials, then I just started practicing, and now I am making my own forum software to learn more.

Doesn't matter what medium you use to learn. You just have to be interested. This is also a good community. This guys have helped me a lot. You also have PHP.net, and many other resources.

Breaking down your questions:

Q: Can i do it with PHP?

A: You can do pretty much everything with PHP.

Q: Is there any application that can do it for me?

A: The php open source community is probably the largest. I'm sure you can find what you need.

Q: How many years i must spend learning php and become a pro?

A: The word "pro" is too relative to be used. If you have any experience with coding, you'll find PHP really easy to start off. It has a quite simple syntax, based on functions and most of the time you'll be using the same ones. After you get the basics, you'll discover a whole new world of object oriented, design patterns, good coding practices, etc.

Q: What can help me get pro?

A: What will help you get everywhere is studying and working/experimenting. Personally i find books a really good starting point, but also as good resources to better improve your skills. Starter books will give you a general idea of how it works, how to solve different situations and take you on the right path of learning by yourself. Also the manual is a huge resource and you'll find yourself using it on a daily basis. After then, you can concentrate on reading about specific topic to boost your knowledge in more advanced areas.

Q: PHP or ASP?

A: Each one has it's own strength and weaknesses. Which is better for you is a matter of personal choice, but keep in mind that a tool is only good if you know how to use it. From a personal viewpoint, i like PHP better because of it's highly flexible nature and the huge community that supports it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.