border 'chucks'?

Derleek

Ok. This is related to my previous topic

I am designing a text border.  The border has some nice intricacies, so in order to make it look proper the div needs to adjust for more content in 25px 'chunks' (best way i can describe it)

To clarify, if a div of text can be contained in a 400px By 600px area and 3 lines of text, but the div would normally only expand by 10px.  How can I make it automatically adjust to 25px minimum?

I have a feeling this might go beyond the scope of CSS and into PHP/javascript.

Thought i'd give it a post in the CSS section in case this can be solved with some CSS.

no, i'm not looking for min-height.

lets say we have an image that has a height of 10px.  That image is the vertical border for a div that contains text and has the CSS property 'height: auto;'.  I would like this border to only increase in 10px increments so the border has some continuity.

Is this beyond the limitations of CSS, it seems like it might be.

Is javascript needed here?

could this be potentially coded w/ php?

You can't do this in css, but you can use complex models to achieve an "eye pleasing solution" to this. If you overlay two divs, you can make the outer div expand 25px lower down, and have a gradient or something like that. Get creative!

Javascript would be the easy solution.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.