Web Robot?

thedayismine

Hello bloggers,

I was wondering if someone would lead me in the right direction please.

I want to create a web robot, something like an email, (but not a simple form). I want this robot to catch usernames and send them a message. Like an "auto-msg" tool. Something that would enable me to send a message to.. all my friends on a forum, or all the members on a website.

From the short bit of research I've done- I've heard that I will need to use any of the following

-"php & apache"

-a webscrapper with some sort of script

-curl library

All though, I really don't know much about any of the above- more people that were suggesting 'what to do' were pushing toward "php & apache server"

I can give a detailed description of how I want the program to work- but first I want to ask if there is anyone here who can help me out with this? if it's not too much work?

please note- this will NOT be used to spam websites! so please don't let that hold you back from helping or giving suggestions-

thank you for reading,

I'll await your reply

thats just silly why would u need all those emails if u wouldnt spam ppl lol

anyways CURL can b used within the php.

dont really need apache.

this is a lot of work lol n u need to b an expert to do that, if i was you i would give up now unless u can find a script out there that someone has done it.

forget php (although it is possible and I have written classes for this before) and look to perl.

Search CPAN for Mechanize and tokeparser. They are the packages that you need to get going. If you are a m$ user you will likely need cygwin or something to run perl.

Please don't build a spambot with these tools...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.