Please review: TorontoDeveloper.net - Freelance PHP Programmer

torontodeveloper

Hey,

Please review my site www.TorontoDeveloper.net - Freelance PHP Programmer.

I would appreciate your feedback on the look and feel. Your feedback and comments are very much appreciated.

Thank you

Marco

<a href="http://www.torontodeveloper.net">www.torontodeveloper.net</a> | <a href="http://www.torontodeveloper.net">PHP Programmer</a>

Looks nice, very basic. Which is okay in this sense. Since it's for PHP programming it doesn't need to be graphically overpowering. It has a nice feel. I browsed around, not much there. Maybe put something in the about page, at least.

I checked out the form, I see you're using JavaScript for error detection. So I disabled my JavaScript, then submitted and it just appeared to refresh the page.

Users like to know if something went wrong, so perhaps have PHP error detection as well, saying "You didn't enter your name."

Can you register? Or is that section for you only. If it is perhaps remove the link from the page.

What else...?

Take a look into SEO, I Googled "Toronto Developer" and you were #2, so maybe you should aim for getting rank position number 1 there. Although you are #1 in a few other searches.

All in all, a good looking site!

As you're not saying anywhere in your website that you do graphic design, I'd say the site is pretty fine for a developer. It's clean and simple and when finished (the content) will have the job done. The only thing that kinda bothers me is the gradient header. It's too saturated on the upper side and becomes a bit distracting.

A side note. Your urls are ok (mod_rewrite or not), but wouldn't it be nice to have clean and beautiful urls? Maybe: "/jobs" instead of "/php-jobs.html" and "/code" instead of "/php-code-samples.html". Just an opinion though.

And good thing that your pages validate.

It is pretty plain.

I try to only put a splash page up if my site is not actually ready to go live. It looks more professional than having a bunch of links that just lead to "comming soon" it gets frustrating.

I wish I had my site ready to show but I still have a lot of work to do first.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.