Company messed me about and now im in the brown stuff.

I have had a company (whom I paid a deposit) design me a site and I wanted it hosting on MY 1and1 account, when they said it was complete I noted that they had hosted it on there account and thats where the fun started.They changed my email settings as well so i need to wait so I can get my email sorted out now (1and1 have done it back).

My site is back to the original one but I am waiting for it to propogate?.

They have said sorry and let me have access to all the files so I have downloaded them with cute ftp but is it a case of uploading them all with cuteftp to my site.Most of the files are PHP.

I now have all the files but dont know what to do with them so any ideas,

Cheers

Nick

Oh lovely!

Firstly you need to make sure that you hosting environment is suitable for your website.

Does your site need a database?

If so have they given you a database dump. You will need to import the database to your new server.

You may need to edit some of the site files that may contain website configuration details such as file locations, database connection details, etc. Only the developer will know this.

Upload the site files to the document root of your hosting account and hope for the best.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.