Running PHP as CGI???????

taking a look at my local phpinfo() and remote phpinfo() configs i see some differences that im not sure i should be worried about (both are v5.2.6 btw):

setting:localremote

Server API:Apache 2.0 HandlerCGI

Thread Safety :enableddiabled

mysql (plan on using persistent connections)

mysql.allow_persistent:localremote

mysqli (what i actually use for all db stuff)

Client API library version:5.0.51b 5.0.45

Client API header version:5.0.51a 5.0.22

CGI INFO btw (in case its useful):

DirectiveLocal ValueMaster Value

cgi.check_shebang_line:11

cgi.fix_pathinfo:11

cgi.nph:00

cgi.rfc2616_headers:00

- my main worry is running PHP as CGI (never done it before)

- also what are the implications of disabled thread safety and the slightly not as up to date as my local apache's mysqli directives?

i use a few API features basides the "bread and butter" (connect, close, select_db, query, error, errno, insertID, affected_rows), namely: commit, rollback, use/store_result, and 1 or more i cant think of off the top of my head...

should i hassle them and get them to update?  (all shared servers, so gonna be a pain in the ass and take forever) or are these differences negligeable?

thanks!!! :)

sorry dont mean to autobump (at least not 5 mins after posting) but i couldnt find the EDIT button...

- for the mysql directives i meant persistance is ON for local | and OFF for remote

Also, on a side-note, do these mysql extension options affect the newer mysqli?  afaik mysqli has no explicit persistance directive...

thanks! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.