Pls help PHP as future

sourabh.narayankar

Hi everybody,

Please help me on this.....

I am working as a PHP developer from last 8 months.

I am really confused that should I continue with PHP?

I am still 22 so do have a long period to go, will PHP give me a sound future.

Can somebody help me on PHP as future.

Pls note ur replies.  ???

I am from INDIA.

Thanks and regards,

Sourabh

It depends what career choice you make. I'm 17 and I've been coding PHP for about 5-6 years now and after I finish school I plan to further develop my web design/development skills and one day open my own business or apply at an already running business.

So really you need to ask yourself if you plan to stay in the web development area and if you prefer to do the behind the scenes work. PHP is a powerful and one of the more popular web based languages so if you do plan on continuing web development then I would recommend you continue to learn PHP.

I personally would never be just a PHP coder, mainly because I love money.  If anything, I would run a hosting company, and code things that I host (or host things that I didn't code).  Chances are, PHP will stay as a hobby with me though.  And maybe there's more money in PHP than I think.  Could be wrong.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.