[SOLVED] Need Help Php social networking

ambo

Im trying to start a social network based on php but i have no idea where to start. i need advice i want to just attack the project but i need advice. in theroy i would like to have a login user pfofile galleries forum blog calendar but it needs to be home built cant use smf or vbulliten

Honestly, I would suggest going to php.net take a look at the php manual spend a few hours, maybe even a couple days reading through things in there. It's obvious your new to php. So your first objective would be, to learn how to program in php. I hope you already know html and the what nots, otherwise your in for something that is gonna take a whole hell of a lot of work to get to.

Also I would suggest just browsing through the threads and posts here at phpfreaks, you could probably pick up alot of useful information. Afterwards it's up to you, to use your imagination and knowledge of code to work from there.

Object-oriented programming would probably be one of the best ways to attain what your going for. But be warned if you are very new, it is not going to be a cake walk. I too am pretty new to php, about 3 months or so. Once you get the jist of programming, just start laying out functions and checking that they work and use php.net to make sure your syntacticly correct. Trial and error is probably going to be your best bet. Good luck.

quick tip: Get is how you are going to attain a single paged site. But remember any Get varriables can easily be changed by someone viewing the website. So make sure your code isn't extremely exploitable.

http://www.awareim.com/ may help.

If you're a beginner and you think you can do it yourself hand coding in PHP in such a short amount of time, including getting all the security right and doing everything else to a good standard suitable for a public web site, then it aint gonna happen I'm afraid. Half decent hackers will get in if they want to.

SQL injections, file upload security, there is a lot to worry about.

The above link is your best bet, but it isn't cheap.

Or, try www.odesk.com (and many others) and pay someone in India $10 per hour to do it. They're not too bad actually.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.