mail();

ngreenwood6

that a stupid comment the reasson the class was put together was for all programmers to use,

to learn what every function does is to read it your self as your learning the class...

not everyone can just read code and program it my god man give us some help lol

I sincerely hope that you're kidding.

i'd try to use IMAP, because POP3 is pants, you don't really have control on what happens on the server end. Generally when you dl a msg using POP3, it'll get deleted from the server, but depending, it might not!

obviously you haven't read IMAP enough because it has settings for read only or not and other logins.

Further more if you are to draw a dependency sort of thing most things are IMAP while not all are POP3  good example until recently is AOL mail which never had POP3 support until of late.

I too use classes to manage my programmer however I wrote all my own classes and don't try to explain them to others.  I don't see OOP as this master porting of scripts to other users but as a way for a single programmer to pull the tools he wants out of their tool bag quickly and build what is needed.

classes, other than overhead, just provide a clean namespace

obviously you haven't read IMAP enough because it has settings for read only or not and other logins.

precisely, it has settings to handle, whereas many pop3 servers don't have even the full spec implemented...

Darkwater dont no if u stll buy any php programming books but most off them state that there meny class avalable free to use already pre written.....................

if you as a programmer wants to no what going on within the class then read the god dam manual lol

Your signature says it all you don't know all about php, no one does.  Your methods might work for you but most people who programmer at a level near professional and above don't use third party junk because its reliability is not there (with a few exceptions such as phpmyadmin). 

When I write for clients I refuse to install or mod anything that I haven't worked on because I don't know and don't want to know how it works because I can usually write something better and more streamlined.

Also if you are still reading php books your not learning books are a joke after you learn how to read the php manual.  Once you get basic concepts down you shouldn't need any books other than the php manual and sql manual

classes, other than overhead, just provide a clean namespace

precisely, it has settings to handle, whereas many pop3 servers don't have even the full spec implemented...

No, they also provide integration and principles that could not be applied to procedural programming.

darkwater i never new that there was any procedural programming that couldnt be done, making a class more powerfull,

you have scered me now, are u saying unless you learn class php programming your procedural programming will soon end........................

does this mean that class programming will eventually out weigh procedural programming

becouse i did read that php class functions are going to be added to php does it mean that

procedural programming functions will eventually be depecated........and php carry on adding class functions instead...

PHP  6 = OOP that is the facts of life to php you need OOP to survive

I made the transition aout 5 months ago and my productivity has gone up a lot.  I have resold my primary classes for CMS/UMS 7 times in the last 2 months

Its not that you can't use nonOOP methods its just that OOP once known is so much easier why not

Whale thank u so much, oop is booming over procedural programming, ive noticed that my self,

i no oop is hard but it a need to survive like u said............

i also noticed that meny scripts sold have oop in them and those what dont no  one buys anymore very scary for the learner............

also i think php is in comp with asp im sure off it.......

darkwater i never new that there was any procedural programming that couldnt be done, making a class more powerfull,

you have scered me now, are u saying unless you learn class php programming your procedural programming will soon end........................

does this mean that class programming will eventually out weigh procedural programming

becouse i did read that php class functions are going to be added to php does it mean that

procedural programming functions will eventually be depecated........and php carry on adding class functions instead...

it'll never get phased out, lol, what if you have the same function in each class? You'd need, sorry want, to use an external function rather than have it defined twice. Yes, classes seem to make life easier, in some ways they do make life convenient but definitely not insurmountable, and at the end of the day the byte-compiler will just turn it back to the procedural language it ever was.

P.S. redarrow, me thinks your not blind (bcos letter usage pattern not fit), but was going to ask natural language.

P.P.S Excuses if you are blind.

P.P.P.SDarkwater, Technically blind can be serious tunnel vision etc...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.