Dcokhawk

lanmind

Well, now I know where cargo ships are located. Admittedly, it is nice in functionality.. but not very cohesive as it lacks a gui.

I think if it was centered in some nice clean, lightweight yet sleek looking interface, it would be better (again, not from a functionality standpoint).

So, here is my critique list:

your website app page does not validate.

Cheers,

NRG

There are no directions to marine terminals as they (most of the time) have no addresses. They are usually called something like "Los Angeles Berth 168", mariners are always having a hard time finding vessels. My database (not the one you see right now) is unique in that it has geo-locations that can provide directions.

nrg_alpha, what is a gui?

Many things I do revolve around "less is more". This is why my site is so bland right now, and I care for functionality the most.

There are no directions to marine terminals as they (most of the time) have no addresses. They are usually called something like "Los Angeles Berth 168", mariners are always having a hard time finding vessels. My database (not the one you see right now) is unique in that it has geo-locations that can provide directions.

Many things I do revolve around "less is more". This is why my site is so bland right now, and I care for functionality the most.

It may be functional, but I for one would probably click away quickly if I found my way to your site.  It just seems rather unappealing to the eyes and you don't actual mention a specific purpose on the site.  Try to organize it better and add more content, and it could possibly be better. :D

gui = graphical user interface.

And I sure have nothing against 'less is more'. But there is such a thing as 'Not enough'. You can have a nice light weight and elegant interface that encompasses your functionality. This would complete the package and make your page much more appealing to visitors. I think it's great that you focused on the core functionality of the site.. perhaps looking into using a free template and integrating your stuff into it would help out greatly.

Cheers,

NRG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.