Tell me what you think...

elmas156

Hello everyone,

I've got my site completely finished (I think) with the exception of the FAQ page, in which I'm still gathering questions.  Anyway, it's a member based site so use "test@alleywayoil.com" as the email/username and "testing" as the password for the test account.  The url is www.alleywayoil.com \

Thanks in advance for your input.

The background color isn't doing it for me. You could also use CSS to style your forms and keep them more in tune with their surroundings. Also, the yellow on the nav-bar doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Other than that; if you like it... you like it!

Ah, the nav bar.  I forgot to mention that.  The buttons really bother me, and they look kind of unprofessional.  They look some some random MS Frontpage garbage, but that's just my opinion.  I'd suggest a real nav bar, maybe on the side instead of in the center.

My personal take on things:

- Your site does not validate.

- I agree with others on the look of buttons and the header in general.. The gui needs to be more professional IMO

- The right side bar icons (Debtective, Firefox 3 endorsement and openoffice.org) looks really out of place. I would at least substitute this with automotive related stuff.

- The copy (this is the text on the page) doesn't sound very professional to me. Compare your page's copy with Midas by example. You can really see how much of a difference professionaly written copy makes as far as impressions are concerned.

Your site is clean and fast.. just needs some polish I think.

Cheers,

NRG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.