Creating a Loging Script

topflight

Hi all I am in the process of creating a log in system and I would like some feedback,suggestions as I am new to php. I will be using sessions, however I will have different setting (i.e 1=user 2=admin 3=hm and etc..) and I want to show certain things in the login script base on their permissions. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in Advanced

In your users table, add a column called 'access', or 'rank', or something, and register it in your session, eg:

session_register("access");

Then, in your access column, just add different levels to users.

If you want to block access to a certain page, if the user level is below the required, add this to the header;

<? 
session_start();
if(!session_is_registered(access)){
header("location:index.php");
}
if ($access < 2) {
header("location:denied.php");
}
?>

This will send all users with an access level of below 2 to 'denied.php'.

Hope that helps.

Well currently I have it set up so that if you are a bm(board member) you will get a 1 if you are not you will get a 0. That's how all the other permissions are set up to. If that ok you think?

It's whatever you want.  Show us your code and explain what you're trying to do so we can help you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.