[SOLVED] Optimize 100,000 item inventory??

akashbb

I've making an ecommerce site which has about 100,000 different items, each one with it's own, unique 7 digit code, and they aren't in order. If i were to map an inputted code to the 100000 codes in the database in order to find out more information on product, would there be significant lag in finding the information? If so, how much?

Thanks for your replies...

Sure. basically this one collector has had about 100,000 items with him that he's collected over the past 50 years or something. Anyway, he had given each item a code, a 7 digit code. So every single one of these items has a unique 7 digit code. Now let's say he inputs 1984736. I've got to search the database and find the product with this particular code. Is there a way to speed up the searching process? What would be the time lag if I were to implement it using a simple linear search?

deadecated database that it sorry..........

with all them records a deadcated mysql database would help nicly............

make sure you also use mysql functions as possable defently use the LIKE function.......

if you are using a databse with php includded then your defently see better results with

a mysql deadecated databse.......

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.