Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaymol

apache server configuration

hi guys
i've install the apache2triad in my pc.
now i wanna configure my apache server to get my site say as www.mysite.com ( in intranet )
what things should i learn to configure that or give me any link or any idear to do that

plz mail me if u have any idea

by
shaymol
mail: shaymol.cse@gmail.com

Shaymol,

Are you asking the next steps to get your own domain name hosted on your apache installation?

If so, do you already own your domain name? And then secondly do you have a DNS server, as you'll need to use some type of DNS server/service and have it point to your pc's IP address (assuming it's static). Then you can cofigure that domain into apache.

If this is what you're wanting to do let me know, and I'll send some helpful links.

Thanks,

[!--quoteo(post=387930:date=Jun 26 2006, 01:11 AM:name=shaymol)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shaymol @ Jun 26 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]387930[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
hi guys
i've install the apache2triad in my pc.
now i wanna configure my apache server to get my site say as www.mysite.com ( in intranet )
what things should i learn to configure that or give me any link or any idear to do that

plz mail me if u have any idea

by
shaymol
mail: shaymol.cse@gmail.com
[/quote]

I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that in Apache - I'm not even sure that you can. You could do this however if you have a DNS on your network, or if you manually edit the HOSTS file on each machine on your network. Windows machines store this file in \WINDOWS\system32\etc I think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.