[SOLVED] Image Sumit With Enter Button

phpretard

I have form using an image as a submit button.

It won't submit when I press enter...only if I click the button.

This may not be a PHP help but I figured I throw it out here and see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I've been all over Google and the only reference I could find was standard type='submit'.

...and yes

if (isset(I_Know_y)){
blah

Thanks for the quick response.

// FORM PAGE

<form action='SUBMITPAGE' method=post>
<input type='text' name='PrimSearch' /> 
<type='image' src='/images/search.gif' name='MainSearch' /></td>
</form>

// SUBMIT PAGE

if (isset($_POST['MainSearch_y'])){

echo "Enter Button Won't Work";

}

Is this the actual code you are using?

1) for your button, you have <type='image' src='/images/search.gif' name='MainSearch' /> it should have input before type to look like this <input type='image' src='/images/search.gif' name='MainSearch' />

2)Submitpage, doesn't have an extension on it, such as php, html

I am sure you just threw that together for example, but def. make sure you are still using <input not just <type

I have tested w/ <input in front in Firefox, and works when you hit enter on the button

Andy-H: I don't get it?

Yes I am using <input...

There was a lot of useless info to post (my bad).  I should mention it works great when the image is "clicked".

It does work in firefox but...I wish everyone used firefox.

Any work around for IE?

I have been searching the internet for 2 hours and nothing refers to an image as the submit obj.

So should I $rephrase the question?

It's got absolutely nothing to do with the form of the 'submit' thing. I searched the internet for 2 seconds for "submit form on enter javascript".

http://www.google.ca/search?q=submit+form+on+enter+javascript&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

It turns out the browser action changes if there is a single text field or if there are more than one. If you add a second text field to your test code, it will probably stop working in the browser that it seems to be working in now.

Here is a link I found (among the thousands that a search on how to do this common task will find) that shows how to force the enter key to submit a form - http://jennifermadden.com/javascript/stringEnterKeyDetector.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.