NEW TO PHP - Question...

tsaw

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to programming with PHP. I have programmed for years with C and assemble language, but not much with PHP - just a tweak here and there...

I have been searching around and really haven't found any answers to a few questions that you may have some good thoughts for not only me but others to benefit from...

so...

I am on a MAC and use dreamweaver for editing.

1. What would you suggest / recommend for using for a good editor for using with PHP and runs on a MAC?

2. I haven't found any type of a debugging tool to use - for example setting breakpoints, etc... as well as being able to step through my code and look at variable, etc... Is there anything that is available that runs on a MAC and would do this sort of thing?

Anyhow, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions that you might have with these questions.

Thanks!

Tim

Break points would be kind of difficult with PHP since it's interpreted, and it's not [usually] compiled down to binary.  I usually just put random exit; calls if needed.

Zend Studio has it (couldn't live without it), but I don't know if its available on the mac.  It shows all variables and their values at any given time.  You can set watches....etc, like any traditional debugger.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.