Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daeken

Smarty++

A few months ago, I embarked on a project called Smarty++ (or Smartypp), it\'s a C-based (for now... may be going with C++ for future versions, simply because of the `string\' class) Smarty templating engine extension port. Currently only static text and variables are supported, no other tags or fancy stuff.

To run a simple template 10000 times with standard Smarty, it takes 54 seconds on this box. With Smarty++, it took 9 seconds. This benchmark alone has satisfied me with my work so far, though i have much planned for the future.

Hopefully you\'ll find the current version useful. I\'ve only tested in Debian and Gentoo GNU/Linux, but it should work on windows with few (if any) modifications. Current code is available here: http://eqmoders.com/smartypp.tar.bz2 . If you find/fix any bugs or add on, please post here about your findings!

Happy hacking,

Lord Daeken M. BlackBlade

(Cody Brocious)

Smarty renders once. And then its all PHP code. It isn\'t meant to be render evry time.

Even with caching, it\'s much much slower than Smarty++... that benchmark was with caching set up properly :)

Well could you maybe make a small page or put the project under GPL or LGPL on the Sourceforge?

So I can better understand what your doing.

Onno

PS. I love smarty

Cool!

I love smarty. I\'m glad someone is finally going to try to turn Smarty into an extension.

I guess I\'m going to have to figure out how to compile it for windows or install linux. :?

Good Luck! :D

on windows you can more than likely look foreward to php_smartypp.dll.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.