Whats the best way to do this

pspfreak101

I'm trying to build my downloads section now.  What is on the submit form is Title, username, catagory, description and download link. Currently this is all in one table. When you visit the downloads I want their to be the list of categorys and then the user clicks what ever category they want and then shows the list a titles in that category. For example Downloads -> Pc Games -> Team fortress 2 , Call of duty 4, so on an on Now my question is how can I make it so when they submit a entire and select the category it goes into the database but displays in the downloads under that category instead of makeing a table for each category or would that be the best way of doing it?

You would probably want to use the get method.  Whatever you use, radio box, links etc... you could either post to itself or use the get method and pass through the url.  For example get you would use:

SELECT * FROM downloads WHERE category = $_GET['game_category'];

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.