[SOLVED] Using the filename in an include!

Riseykins

your example shows you having a directory named bob

are you looking to have a variable that would refrence bob and know what directory to goto based of the variable? or have it do the same in concept but with a file name instead? What are you trying to do?

Gotta give us a little bit more then your first post to work with if we are to be able to help you

I just need it to take the filename and get it to come out within the file.

I have many files that are in a directory. Each file corresponds with images located in directories that have the same name as the file.

So, when you visit the page bob.php, the images in the directory bob are displayed. If the filename is tim.php then the images in the tim directory show.

I can't really explain it any better. :s

I need to echo the filename, really. But can I do this inside:

<? php include("/home/user/public_html/ECHOFILENAME/file.php"); ?>

Solon, that's not what I'm trying to do. :(

I'll try and explain again. xD

Okay, so say I have the following file:

<? php include("/home/user/public_html/FILENAMEHERE/file.php"); ?>

If I change the name of the file containing that code to bob, the file automatically does this:

<? php include("/home/user/public_html/bob/file.php"); ?>

When I change it to jim, it becomes:

<? php include("/home/user/public_html/jim/file.php"); ?>

I have loads of files that are all identical to each other except for that one thing so it's annoying to have to open each file I make and change it. xD

to change the contents of a txt file automatically when the filename changes would not be php, it would probably be something in c/c++ running as a process in the background of the OS. it would recognize rename actions, save the address of the file, wait for the rename to complete and then open the file, locate a line starting with include('/home/user/public_html/ and change the next word to the new file name.

good luck learning a new language.  :P;D

to change the contents of a txt file automatically when the filename changes would not be php, it would probably be something in c/c++ running as a process in the background of the OS. it would recognize rename actions, save the address of the file, wait for the rename to complete and then open the file, locate a line starting with include('/home/user/public_html/ and change the next word to the new file name.

good luck learning a new language.  :P;D

...What?

<?php
$base = basename(__FILE__, '.php');
include("$base/file.php");

Yeah.

i was under the impression that he want's the to detect rename (F2) in the OS and change 1 word inside the file automatically... it may be that i'm just really tired. i'm going to bed. good night.

LOL, good night.  And just so you know, my script automatically takes the current filename and parses out everything except the actual name (it even cuts off the extension) so he can directly include() it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.