how to post a paragraph having more than 2000 characters?

jaas

hi,

I want to post a paragraph written into a textarea which is having characters more than 2000.But as there is a limit to the URL length which browser will accept, I am not able to post it. Is there any alternate solution for this?

Regards,

Jaas

How about crude methods using javascript and cookies?  You can set up a js handler to read your textarea, split it up into chunks, and then write any data cookies that you may need.  Reload the page and use php to read them back for whatever action you need to make.

You can set a small number of them with each one being up to 4kb in size as I  recall.  Sort of a clumsy approach, but hey, do whatever it takes. :P

I'm just intrigued to know why he can't post it

I had an account with tripod where they limited everything to get, and without the post method, there isn't much fun stuff one can do other than making static pages. lol

If it's a restriction by the host, then personally, I'd look for another one.

I already used the same method "POST" for that .... but suddenly i dont know it stopped working....If i use "POST" then it doesnt pass any URL...but I just put 'GET' in the same place instead of 'POST' it works properly....I dont know what happened but 'POST' is not working.

I am producing the textarea form by echoing HTML statements in PHP.

If you use POST method in your form, you need to use $_POST variable in your php script. And no, when you use POST nothing appears in your urls. That's one additional benefit to using it. You can actually use Firebug extension for Firefox to see data POSTed to the script.

there are a couple of ways to accomplish this:

Save data to a cookie. Recall and delete

Save data to MySQL. Recall and delete

Save data to a Session... once again Recall and delete

Get a new host cause TriPod doesnt let POST

When u got new host use POST.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.